Friday, March 13, 2009

Catch of the Day - threads

What a great day today. It's not the sunniest day, and a bit on the cool side.

About mid-morning Mert said, let's go to North Carolina for a drive, and off we go. We head into a small town called Southport. It's a seaside community with many quaint gift shops and restaurants. As we drove by this needle arts store, I did a double take. I was surprised to find it here since a much bigger city like Myrtle Beach doesn't seem to have anything like this. I was thrilled. We started out little tour of Southport at this shop. Angelwing Needle Arts. It has quilting, knitting, cross-stitch supplies and more.

I breezed by the knitting since I have enough wool at home to choke a horse. I was impressed by the amount of threads they have. I'm used to buying threads online, so it was so wonderful to see all the threads in poerson. They had many many find threads, ribbons and other stitables. They also had every DMC perle cotton you could ever want. It was a little overwhelming.

I was taken care of by Donna Bennet who is the owner operator of the store. She was friendly and very helpful to the visitors who came in while I was there.

I wished I had a "wish-list" built for a particular project. I didn't. But alas, instead I purchased some goodies for my stash. So here is my catch of the day at Southport, so to speak.

I concentrated on the Needle Necessities flosses since I know that they might be harder to buy in the future.

In my stash, I already have some of the RG threads such as Encore, Splendor and Bravo. So today I bought some of the Neon Rays, Pebbly Perle and Patina to try out. I have some Weeks and Wildflowers flosses but you can always use more, right?

Anyway, I encourage anyone of you in the North or South Carolina area, to stop by Angelwing Needle Arts in Southport North Carolina. Bring your wish list with you. You won't be disappointed.

Here are some pictures of the threads, ribbons and beads at Angelwing.









2 comments:

cpm said...

Holy macaroni! That's A LOT of thread! I wouldn't know what to do with it but there is certainly many pretty colours to choose from! What a great find for you!

Linda H said...

Oh Gail, I am SO envious!! I wish I had given you a wish list, in case you found a sale such as this!! I'm wishing I had more pale variegated threads for this cream/pink stocking...
Check out my new pic!! Ollie's nose is out of joint now! haha