Monday, March 16, 2009

Crazy Quilting in MB - Week 4 of 4

Well, we're heading into the homestretch of our stay in Myrtle Beach. While my 2 Christmas socks are only about two thirds done, I love the progress that I've made in the last 4 weeks. It's been a great pass time.

This week, I beaded some, then got the urge to do more threads, then I beaded a bit more and decided I needed to do another line of stitching, here and there. So, I didn't get as much beading done as I anticipated. So the lesson here is that I learned that starting to bead will usually bring more stitching to get the final look of the seams. I'm thrilled with how the socks are starting to fill in.

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I spoke of my beach searches for a special sea shell to represent South Carolina where I did most of the stitching on these socks. Here is the little shell. I think it's sweet and fits right in. I couldn't quite get the look that I wanted by having the shell side out. So I decided to invert it and add a few beads to enhance it. I really like it.

As promised, here are some lines of beading and a couple of lines of stitching. I'll be working on the socks for another week, then putting them away until after we get home in April.



































3 comments:

Linda H said...

Lovely work Gail. Just beautiful! The recipients will LOVE them, I'm sure. Lucky girls!!

Linda G said...

Can't wait to see them in person!

Donna's chitchat said...

They are beautiful. what a lot of work... every bit of them are done by hand... geesh.... great vacation projects