Saturday, May 30, 2009

The science of color.

After spending the day in a workshop of 15 quilters and lead by Joen Wolfrom from Washington State, my brain is pooped. Thinking of color parings, color tone, color tint and greyed colors. It's hard to keep them all straight.

Funny how you just know what color combinations you like and don't like. Actually, Joen has studied colors for many years and has published a number of books on color. There are definite matches and mis-matches and she went through lots of color and value combinations that we put together in groups. We used her color grouping methodology and used her color tool that I referred to in my blog yesterday. So this tool is now definitely on my must buy list.

Tomorrow, Day 2 of our class is on luminosity and lustre. I think that is what I'm most looking forward to.

2 comments:

Linda H said...

Gail, Wish I could be there... I really wanted to attend last night's lecture... bet it was good! Hope you're going to take some pics to show us!

Mary Johnson said...

I love her Color Play book and the Color Tool which I refer whenever I'm working on a two or three color quilt and feel I need to be right on with my combinations.