Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Crazy Quilting Wednesday - Week 3

I'm pleased with my progress on the 3 Christmas socks. Last week I intended to do more stitching while watching all the Olympics, but it was too stressful. I did some stitching this week and I pleased that 95% of the seams have at least one line of stitching on them. I started adding some lazy daisy stitches and some french knots here and there.

I ordered some mini buttons and I can't wait to get them. I hope they will make nice flower heads to go on some lines of stems that are headless right now.

Stitching on a monochromatic palate is slick. I load up 4 needles with different threads and stitch until I'm done. I now load my needles with threads so that it's easy to sit and stitch when I have a few minutes.

When I don't have enough thread to do a full line of stitching, I use up shorter pieces of threads and make a feather stitch bouquet.

I'll not be stitching in the next 10 days because I'm going away. So no stitch update next Wednesday, but there will be one the Wednesday after that.

5 comments:

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Gail, Your stiching is lovely on the Christmas Stocking. Have a lovely get away trip. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

Looking good, Gail!

MissesStitches said...

Gail, your stitching looks beautiful! I love featherstitch bouquets! And featherstitch shrubs on landscape quilts.

Joanne said...

It is wonderful how all the textures pop out when you use a monochromatic scheme. Looking good!

Quilting Queen said...

Wow. Gail..it is looking marvelous. Such beautiful work..so feminine. Love the pearls..