Saturday, March 20, 2010

National Quilt Day - 2010

Something I didn't know, was that National Quilting Day in the USA is today. I'm not sure if it's the first day of spring every year, or March 20th every year. Either way, I thought I'd show you some of the things I bought recently to help me in my sewing and quilting projects.

I love pre-wound bobbins. I bought this box of prewounds on eBay. I won't tell you what I paid, but they were a good deal. I'll be using my prewounds a little more liberally now that I have added these 144 to my stash

I've had my eye on this Quilt Halo for a while now. I don't have anything with me to machine quilt right now, but on the next rainy day, I may put a test sandwich of fabric together just to try it out.

My hemming blue jeans tutorial is my most popular tutorial. One of the comments on this post let me know that there was such a thing as blue jeans thread. Who knew!! So now I have a spool. I'm going to fill a bobbin with this thread and keep it just for hemming jeans.

I've been buying buttons for my crazy quilting. Because I'm working on three Christmas Stockings in the creams and whites, I've had fun buying buttons for my stash.
Sew in honor of the USA's National Quilt Day, I will continue to sew a little on my Batik Beauty project, even though it's warm and sunny out and the blue Carolina skies are calling me.
What are you doing on this National Quilting Day?

6 comments:

MissesStitches said...

Gail, that box of bobbins looks like a thing of beauty! I'd sure feel rich if I had a big box like that! I have some of the blue jeans thread, although it's been a while since I've hemmed any jeans.

Donna's chitchat said...

I honored national Quilt day by snuggling under a homemade quilt and watched curling on TV!!

Linda G said...

I just learned recently that gutterman has a jeans thread. Not sure if is just the colour or the thickness that makes it special. I usually buy jeans with navy stitching I am afraid. Glad that you celebrated NQD. I did a guild workshop with Helen. Lots of fun. Am off to work on it right now.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Gail, You have collected some lovely goodies I especially loved that box of bobbins. I celecbrated the first day of Spring stitching on a post card. Hugs Judy

Michelle said...

Blue jean thread? Ooooo baby! Gotta find me some of that!

Have a great rest of your trip!
Be blessed, Michelle

Michelle said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE the magnaglide prewound bobbins for my Juki. I don't think I'll use anything else when quilting!