Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bruchetta in Rome

We've been in a Rome for a few days now.  We've visited all of the tourist sights on our list.  You wouldn't believe how many people visit this city.  It's amazing.

Everyone eats pasta or pizza for every meal.  That would be including us.  So we're looking at restaurants that serve a bit more in the way of variety.  One thing that I do love is the starter called brushetta.  It's a piece of toasted bread with chopped tomatoes, basil in a vinegrette.  It's so fresh and light to start your meal.

I had my brushetta half eaten last evening before I thought of taking a picture.      This is so different that the salsa style bruchetta sauce that you would get at the Superstore.   I'm going to make it when I get home.

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Looks amazing! I make mine with french bread, toasted in the oven, brushed with olive oil, topped with chopped roma tomatoes, garlic and basil. Then topped with fresh grated parmesan, and a touch of mozzarella (light).. broiled.. til golden, and bubbly... no grocery stuff for me! But yours looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

That looks so yummy. Can't wait to hear how you make your own when you get back. Lucy