Thursday, November 4, 2010

A is for Annabelle

While I was away on vacation, one of the Friday girls became a grandmother for the first time.  That makes two of us grandmothers now in the Friday Girl group.   Her little granddaughter's name is Annabelle and when she's old enough to talk, she'll call her grandmother "Gran".   My grandkids call me Grammie. 

A little while back, when I was collecting fabrics for my I spy quilt for Aurora, my friend found me a fabulous "A" that I was so glad to get.  Now we both will be collecting all things "A".   

As a special gift, from one Grandmother to another, I bought this darling little book to give to my friend.  I can just imagine when Annabelle is a little older, she'll really enjoy reading this little "A is for Annabelle"ABC book with her Gran.


4 comments:

Linda H said...

Oooooh, who's the new Gran?? Looks like a lovely book... I'll keep my eye out for "A" things too...

bargello said...

Oh Gail! Thanks soooo much!!!! I cannot wait to read this lovely and thoughtful book to my new Granddaughter. Thinking of you.
Kathy, I mean...Gran

Anonymous said...

What a perfect gift for the new gram. Aren't friends the best! Lucy

Dolores said...

How thoughtful and what a wonderful gift. My first grandchild is due in April. I am so looking forward to it.