Friday, November 5, 2010

Special Delivery

I've just received a special delivery.. It's a brand new Brother NX-2000 Laura Ashley Sewing Machine.  It's only mine for a couple of weeks while I use it and test it out.  

Last evening, I unpacked it and set up in the kitchen where I'll be using it for the 2 weeks.  I first noticed how large it was. It has a large throat which is great for machine quilting.  It comes with the large extension table which I really like.    This sewing machine is so nice and as you can imagine, it has tons of
features, feet, and stitches.   
I was looking over all the specialty feet (I'm sure there were a dozen) and absolutely fell in love with the free motion foot.  I think because it's an open foot and I can see where I'm going.  So I decided I had to try it right away.  I got out my halo and  I free motioned for about an hour.  I worked on the table runner that I made earlier this week.    It was great to practice my feathers once again since I hadn't done any machine quilting since the spring.  Anyway the bottom line is that this machine is great for free motion quilting, and I love that foot.   

Can you see my feathers?  They're wonky but the stitches are very nice, both front and back.   You can see the quilting better from the back in the next photo.



Sew, so far so good.  Now that my practice is done, next on my list is to test out the quarter inch foot and get to work on making a full size quilt with this Brother NX-2000.  My kit is cut and I'm raring to go... but more about it next week once I've made some headway.


7 comments:

Sandra said...

How come you only have it for a couple of weeks? I was looking at this model on line....

Donna's chitchat said...

nice looking machine.. and fabulous feathers...

Quilting Queen said...

Same question----How come only a couple of weeks???

Melinda said...

I taught a class at the Georgia Quilt Show a few weeks ago and this model is what was supplied. It appears to be a wonderful machine. We had no problems and my beginning students were sewing with 1/4 inch seams right away.

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Your feathers are beautiful. Have fun with this machine. I know I enjoyed it while I had it!! SO much fun. :)

bargello said...

I wish the HV free motion foot was open toed. I really don't like the spring foot for free motion and it is open-toed, but the Q and R feet that I do like for fm are not open and I cannot see where I am going! Must drop in!! Love your ease with feathers...

bargello said...
This comment has been removed by the author.