Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Help - I need knitting needles

We're all on a knitting kick!!  
All 5 of my grand-daughters are knitting!!!   Isn't that heaven.   When Jessica and Emily were here over the Christmas Holidays, we knit!!   Jessica has been knitting since she's a child, but only knitting really good for the last year or two.  Recently, she caught the "Big Needle" craze... and Loves how knitting with big needles produces such a fast and soft scarf.   Emily just learned when she was here over the holiday.  She's a quick learner and she's a fast knitter too.  I am so impressed that she caught on so quickly.

Caitlin (in the pink) has been knitting for some time, and we just taught Grace (in the blue) to knit last night.  She said.."This is kind of cool!".   So we decided to let Aurora (in the middle) try to knit.    She's got a ways to go, but she seems to have the knitting bug too.  We'll let her think that she's knitting with all the big girls for the time being..

Here's my problem.  I've run out of needles. I need a variety of knitting needles to cover all my kiddos knitting needs.  (and they each have a friend who might want to learn to knit).

Before I go to the Walmart to buy needles...I know many of my local friends have a bundle of needles that they are looking for a new home for.  I'd love to put your old knitting needles to good use...  I need double pointed needles (for Caitlin) and regular needles.  I'll take circulars too.  You'll probably see me at guild next week.  Just bring them along... I'll be ever so grateful.

7 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I have knitting needles that Gramma Joanie gave me... fistfuls. I can send some back with Michelle... or maybe Heather.. she is coming up this weekend... let me know if you have needles by the weekend.

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Try your local thrift store. They have them all the time this way.

Colleen G said...

I'm too far away to help with needles but it sure looks like you are having fun. Maybe Aurora might like to try "corking", the little toadstoal with the 4 nails that you knit over and through the hole? I think I remember doin that before I ever started kindergarden. The long knitted coils make little coiled rugs for dolls or whatever else your imagination might think up.

MissesStitches said...

So great that they are all so interested in knitting! You've done a good job of teaching.

Kathy said...

wish I could help...but I have NONE!
Good luck to you and the kiddies!

Linda H said...

Sorry, Laura has all the knitting needles that were my Mum's. Great that you've got all those girlies knitting...

FairyofYarn said...

eknittingneedles.com has great affordable needles for any you can't get as donations. I get all of mine from there!