Sunday, March 17, 2013

Love My Cat - Block 1 of 8 done

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

There are lots of festive things to do here in Florida to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Parades, special meals at all the restaurants, and of course, the wearing of the green.

It's taken two weeks to finish block 1 of my new little project, Love Me, Love My Cat.  (by Birdbrain Designs).

I've realized that the light in our rented condo is not great.  So my stitching progress is slow.   With so much to do here in southern Florida, I find I don't have as much stitching time as I thought I would have.   I have discovered that I love to stitch in the bright sunlight.  So, when I've had enough sun by the pool, I simply turn my chair around, and stitch a needle or two of floss.

The next block has signs of spring.  Besides the kittens, there are sweet flowers.   A nice reminder that spring is just around the corner.


2 comments:

Quilting Queen said...

There's nothing like embroidery to pass the time ...it's one of my favourite crafts....FYI, we're looking for a date in April for some machine quilting ..email me when you get home ...

Kathy said...

See, from Gail F;s post...We all miss you Gail!
Snow storm today, so that when I got up at 530am, we had about 20cm, and it is still coming down! Schools are closed, no sewing with Garden Gals today. boohoo. Am sewing at home, working on my Cathedral Window tabletopper.