Monday, July 21, 2014

Grammie Camp 2014


I'm back and have had two days to rest from Grammie Camp 2014.  We had an awesome Grammie Camp this year.

I can't thank my sister, Donna and brother in law, Terry enough for  helping me do the five Grammie camps.   My sister organized "Minute-to-Win-it" games, that the kids love, and she did so much research with me on various crafts that would be good.  She entertained the kids with her amazingly funny accents which was modeled after some of my dear old Aunts!   While he has made many contraptions for Grammie Camp, this year was the first year for my brother-in-law Terry to actually come.  He made and brought a wildly fun dunk tank; did a GPS scavenger hunt for the girls which had them peddle boating out to a dock to get a clue, and he did lots of prototype testing of the stick bomb.    And a big thank you to my hubby and Grampie to all these kids, for all his help in organizing food and supplies logistics, cooking, cleaning, being a fair (or unfair) judge in the games.

To see and hear these kids laughing, and screaming as they are doing the activities, is just heart warming.  I wish you all could have been there.   My Facebook friends got a glimpse since my sister did an amazing job updating facebook every day!!

Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart, Donna Terry and Grampie.    





2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

Grammie Camps are just as much fun for you and I as they are for the kids. And I think this year, THEY were more tired that we were… baaa haaaa. We are getting so good at them… hee hee.
This year was the best one yet!

Kathy said...

A grand time again this year!!
The bar is so high now, I can walk under it! Never to be duplicated.
Memories the kids will always remember, congratulations to all 4 organizers!!!!!!