Saturday, August 30, 2014

Wedding Cookies and toule

I loved making these cookies.  I have a favorite sugar cookie recipe called Signature Sugar Cookies.   I made two batches  Out of one batch, I made 12 wedding dresses.  Out of the other batch came 40 love cookies.   The love cookies were put on the desert table.  The bride dresses were put in cellophane bags and tied with a ribbon.  The kids took them home.

Then it came time to decorate.  The afternoon before the wedding, with advice and suggestions from my friend Willa, my sister and I hung toule, swagged pearls. Bunches of fresh Nova Scotia ivy dropped from the bows.  It was just perfect.    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How elegant! Perfect setting for an outdoor wedding.

Lee said...

This looks lovely. I must have come from a very no-fuss family because I just would never have thought of doing something like this. I can't decide if I feel deprived or relieved. Ha ha...