Saturday, November 22, 2014

St. Dunstan's Quilt 2015 - Week 4

The borders got a little attention this week.   But I soon realized that without the center of the quilt all put together, I can't do much more than cut them out.  So it's back to the center of the quilt this week.  I have all the side triangles cut out, and the blocks have all been laid out.  I fussed over them a bit with the placement of various block colors.  But now it's all picked up and ready to sew together.

Two piles of on point blocks ready to sew
using Eleanor Burns quick method.
Thanks Eleanor!!
Eleanor Burns has the best method of laying out a quilt, then picking it up in order to be sewn together.  I'm not sure if she's documented it online anywhere, but it's very slick.  It's a good thing because I have guests sleeping in our spare bedroom tonight.  

1 comment:

Karen said...

Gail you are a master of organization! Kudos to you for respecting Eleanor by crediting her method, but not sharing it. You'll have this quilt together in no time!