Thursday, September 10, 2015

Presenting St. Dunstan's Raffle Quilt 2016

This quilt is a two block queen size quilt.   It's made up of the prairie flower block and the snowball block.   I'm trying to think of a name for the quilt.   I've been working on it a little at a time for the past month.   The St. Dunstan's Quilters will hand quilt this winter, and they will sell raffle tickets on it next year.  

Normally I wait until November to make their raffle quilt, but I was anxious to try the block.  I made the block,   Of course that lead to cutting a kit.   And that led to just making the blocks.    Well, here we are a month later, and the quilt top is done.

I've made the binding and when I decide on a name, I will make a label.  

Now, what to do in November?






3 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

this is a gorgeous pattern...never seen it before. the green reminds me of an envelope....how about calling it Eveloped Flower

Lee said...

Good question. This photo makes me see the green sections as jewellery chain links with pretty flowers connecting sections. How about Linked Blossums?

Janna T said...

Strikingly beautiful in its simplicity. This reminds me of a Christmas Cactus in bloom.