Monday, September 7, 2015

The Makings of a Spool Quilt

As you know, I worked with Diane at Country Crafts and Curtains this summer on her Row by Row project.   I designed the row, produced the pattern and helped her implement this marketing program.  Neither of us knew how the program would work.   All we knew is what the Row by Row folks had told us about their previous years program.

The Row by Row program is now winding down.  Diane and I had a little sit down to talk about how the program was.  Diane loved the program and enjoyed every visitor she had.  

So, Diane is all set for next year's Row by Row program when the details are released next spring.  

As I sat there, Diane had a big roll of her new beautiful Batiks on her desk.    She handed them to me as a thank you for helping her out this summer.    I am thrilled.   I know exactly what I'm going to do with them.  I'll be using them in a project that has been on my to do list....  It's Edita Sytar's Spool Quilt.  I bought the book a few years ago, and it's now packaged up with the fabric, and will be coming south with me this winter!!

Thanks Diane!



2 comments:

Dolores said...

Hi Gail,
Just to let you know, the Row By Row Experience is over tomorrow, September 8th. It began June 21st. Here's a random link I found on the details. I cannot connect to the official site at the moment since my computer thinks it an 'untrusted' site.
http://fabricsnquilts.blogspot.ca/2015/06/row-by-row-experience-2015.html

Lovely batiks, by the way.

Lee said...

Just looked up that quilt - it's cute the way the thread sections are strips. It will be neat to see how it turns out.