Wednesday, July 25, 2018

It's Christmas in July - Presenting JOY Table Runner

Another Disa Designs book, More of My Runners.   Thanks to my friend Linda from whom I borrowed the book.  She made the runner before, and her recommendation was to thicken up the "JOY" word.   So I did.  I love that the red JOY really shows up nice.  My Friday coffee friends helped me decide on the quilting pattern.  Just wavy lines to mimic the evening blustery weather.  They were emphatic that I should not quilt over the JOY, and that I should just quilt around it.  So I did, and I'm very pleased.   In the grey stripe, some continuous holly leaves.    Love it!

 This is the third runner for my sister's new kitchen.  This will look great on my sister's side table this Christmas.



Even though I used white thread to free motion the holly leaves, they are very hard to see.  



3 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful and very creative

Andrea R said...

This turned out great, I love it!

MissesStitches said...

Very pretty--both of these last two table runners. And the holly quilting looks wonderful! I'll have to try that.