Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Quilty Gift for Fran

Fran is a quilter/sewer who attends the Tuesday afternoon Quilters Social here in the Community where we stay in the winter.   We are about 40 people who belong to the "club".  But at any given Tuesday afternoon social, there is usually only about 15 or 20 who attend...  Well, Fran is turning 90 next week, and the quilters are throwing a surprise birthday party/lunch for her.  There is a large number of people coming out for the party...

So, the question is, what to get a 90 year old accomplished quilter birthday?  I don't know her very well, but I knew that I would definitely make her a little something, but what?    After searching through my small projects, I decided that a fancy needle keep would be the right thing.   No doubt she has one or two already.  But we know that one can always use a few more, especially a fancy one like this. 

So here it is.... and I also made a small home made card for her with her name on it.   I did include three pins on the little internal pin cushion and in the note I made a comment that said, "from my pin cushion to yours".     The little card will look nice on the wrapped wallet with recycled tissue paper.  (thanks Lucy).



No comments: