Sunday, May 12, 2019

Quilt Labels for the Fredericton Quilt Guild Show

Getting ready to put quilts in a quilt show is a great motivator to get quilt labels made for the quilts going into our Guild's quilt show. I had three quilts entered into the show, and listed another two as "just in case you need more".   So I needed a total of 5 labels..

I had thought about stitching them on my embroidery machine...but that's not my favorite thing to do and working with my outdated software is a pain.    Then I thought about hand stitching lovely labels. I would have loved to do that, but I know it would have taken a lot longer than I would have time.  The show was approaching fast.    So, I thought I might create my labels in MS word, then print.  I used my new light box and simply hand traced labels using a micron pen onto the freezer paper stabilized cotton.

What do you think?   I am really glad I did it this way and I'll definitely do this again.   

This was the scrap quilt piece I worked on over the winter.
Abigail is a collaged cow.   Stay tuned for a post just about Abby.
Nobody had seen her until the week of the show.  She was a hit.

This Kitchen Sink quilt is one of my favorite scrap quilts. 
I will make another sometime.

My friend Diane gave me the fabulous Elizabeth Hartman pattern,
North Stars for my birthday last year. 
I did it block of the month style and had it finished by Christmas.   Loved doing it that way.

You probably saw my Winter Wonderland quilt.  It normally hangs
in my foyer in the winter.  I loved hand stitching the blocks, mostly at the cottage.

This quilt was "TheQuiltShow.com's" block of the month a couple of years ago. 
It's so sweet.  And quilting really brings it to life.



4 comments:

Andrea R said...

These are great!

Linda H said...

Great labels Gail! Quick and easy to do too. Love the font you have used.

MissesStitches said...

Really beautiful labels! Good job!

Kathy said...

These are awesome Gail! What procedure and pen did use to insure that the labels wouldn’t fade into oblivion?