Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sunshine and Shadows - Making a Mini

I took a mini quilt class this week with Joyce N.   It was called Sunshine and Shadows.   It's like a trip around the world quilt.   I've been wanting to make a mini quilt for some time now.  

I pulled colored strips from my stash and with Joyce's help, she helped me arrange the colors so I would get a dramatic effect.   As we sewed, Joyce gave tips on ironing and pinning and used a neat tool to arrange the blocks to transport from the ironing/cutting board to the sewing machine.   I really enjoyed this class and learning neat techniques from this master sewer.

This center part is only about 9" square.   I plan to put a small border and a larger border on it.  I'll finish it this weekend to bring to guild on Monday for Show and Tell.    I'll show you too on Monday.

No comments: