Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Owl Table runner - Quilt as you go Style

Here is a project that was just finished.  It will go into the community quilt show in two weeks.   I enjoyed making this table runner. Once I got started, it went quite quickly.     See the sashing strips connecting the owl blocks.   I found it quite easy to be machine quilting one block at a time.    I used all kinds of scraps for the backing and connecting sashes and the binding.    

I call this "The Owls of Lake Ashton" because  our community is well known for water birds, wildlife, and owls.


Scrappy backing for the Owl runner

I should have used darker thread for the eyebrow tufts.  It's hard to see
where I machine quilted them.   Look closely.  They are there.

This owl is still quite sleepy, don't you think.







3 comments:

chrisknits said...

Adorable!!! I love those sleepy eyes.

Donna's chitchat said...

I love this fun table runner. It will be a big hit at your show. Everyone will be "hooting" over it

nettiejdear said...

This is adorable! Can you tell me where you got the pattern? What’s it called? Thank you very much. Annette Deardurff ajdeardurff@netscape.net