Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Owl Table runner - Quilt as you go Style

Here is a project that was just finished.  It will go into the community quilt show in two weeks.   I enjoyed making this table runner. Once I got started, it went quite quickly.     See the sashing strips connecting the owl blocks.   I found it quite easy to be machine quilting one block at a time.    I used all kinds of scraps for the backing and connecting sashes and the binding.    

I call this "The Owls of Lake Ashton" because  our community is well known for water birds, wildlife, and owls.


Scrappy backing for the Owl runner

I should have used darker thread for the eyebrow tufts.  It's hard to see
where I machine quilted them.   Look closely.  They are there.

This owl is still quite sleepy, don't you think.







2 comments:

chrisknits said...

Adorable!!! I love those sleepy eyes.

Donna Peters said...

I love this fun table runner. It will be a big hit at your show. Everyone will be "hooting" over it