Monday, March 6, 2017

Bunnies, Bunnies, Bunnies

I finished a medium size Open Wide bag yesterday. I thought it would be a good bag to tote my bunnies for show and tell at quilting tomorrow afternoon.   But I guess I should have made the larger bag.   Seven sets of floppy ears are just to many for the medium size bag.   teehee..

Also, I love it when I can re-use something that I have done before.   Here's the story... See, I plan to give a bunny as a gift to the girl who organized the quilt show here in the community.   For weeks now, she just goes gaga every time she sees my bunnies.   She really wants one for her adult daughter who has all kinds of quirky things.

I haven't told her that I'm giving her a bunny yet.   I wanted to make sure I had enough yarn to  make extras.  And I now know that I do.  So it will be a surprise for her.  I will give it to her in the last few days that I'm here, before heading north.   Now, how will I present it to her.   I need a gift box.  I know, I can make one...

I tried a bunny in my wallet box for size and Voila..it fit's perfectly. No adjustment to the size is needed at all.   Yippee.  All I need is a nice piece of tissue to wrap the bunny in and a ribbon for the outside.

So, if you want to make your own box for a bunny, you can use my wallet box tutorial which can be found here...




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Gail, what a sweet little outfit on that bunny! Now I really have to get my needles out. Love it!

Donna's chitchat said...

how adorable these are!! What a great discovery.. the Wallet box!!! Its now a bunny box!

Kathy said...

Sweet rabbit warren!! How come I didn't know that you were making bunnies? How did I miss that?

pwl said...

Your bunnies are adorable!