Monday, July 24, 2017

Hard to find Knitting Needles


When I started to knit the little bunnies, one of the sizes of straight knitting needles I needed was a 2.50 mm.   It's quite small.  Turns out they are harder to find than you might think.   While popular in the UK, they are not that popular here, and non-existent in the USA.  Even look at my needle gauge, there's no size for 2.5 mm.  So I ordered mine online.  The only length they had was 14 inches long.   Now these little bunnies have many parts, and the most stitches that I cast on is 30 or 35.  So 14" needles is way overkill.    I really want the 10" ones if they can be had.     
It just so happens that the dollar store here had some 2.5 mm needles. I bought a set and tasked my husband to shorten them.    All he was able to do was cut them off, but had no way to save the ends.   He suggested I glue a bead on the end.   Brilliant... I did, and now I have a set of short 2.5 mm needles that fit in my little needle case.   


3 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

that Mert.. he is a smart fella.!

chrisknits said...

I picked up a circular 2.5 somewhere in the past. I just need to make sure I use a needle gauge that registers that size so I dont use it as a 3! Cute bunny.

Yang Kuo said...

that Mert.. he is a smart fella.!

หีฟิต