Wednesday, September 20, 2017

What's new - Wallets and a Pie

I'm planning a visit with my sister in Nova Scotia next month.    She's due for a new wallet. Last week I made her a cork wallet just like mine, except a maroon/burgundy color.   It's nice...  



And we had dinner guests last night and it was a perfect occasion to make another fabulous Gestine Bullock-Prado pie.    This time I did a few things different.  I tightened up my lattice and cut my apples thinner to make a less bumpy pie.  I found that with my last pie, the bumpy pie, distorted the lattice somewhat..  I'll save the bumpy look for a plain crusted pie... ...that is if I ever make a plain crust again...



 After making my first lattice pie, I thought I needed cookie cutters to make a few leaves out of the pie dough scraps.  But after a little practice, I now think the organic look of my leaves are appealing.    And look closely, do you see the ladybug....