Monday, April 19, 2010

Lanaya's Quilt

I'm going to visit Lanaya and her Mom today. I hope she loves her quilt. I machine quilted it following the square patches. I used a combinations of heavy and light quilting, as well as curvy lines and straight lines. It's quite eclectic and I like it

It's hard to see the quilting on the front, so I'm showing you portions of the back. There's lots of texture and I'm sure it'll wear just fine. I quilted some hearts here and there in the quilt and I quilt wrote Lanaya's name in a few places, although it's hard to see. I also signed my name in a small sqaure the front of the quilt. It's very discrete.

Sometimes when quilters give new mothers quilts, they don't feel they can use quilts and want to keep them for good. I'm going to be sure to tell her that it's the best compliment to a quilter to see a mom using the quilt. I'll tell her if she wears it out, I'll make her another.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Spectacular work, Gail. "Eclectic quilting" as you term it is my favourite too. I like to see different things quilted on a top; it really adds character. The new Mom will be so excited with this quilt.

Joanne said...

Fantastic quilting, it really compliments the quilt. ♥

Linda H said...

Lovely Gail. I'm sure she'll love it.

Quilting Queen said...

Looks snuggly too...great job..sure will be a nice gift.

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is so beautiful; especially the machine quilting. Lucky new mom to receive such a treasure. Lucy

Donna's chitchat said...

Absolultely amazing Gail. I can't tell you how much I love this quilt!!!!!
I love my table runner.. have I told you lately. I was tracing some of your eclectic quilting with my finger tonight at supper, while I gagged down some mushy veggies, blah... and I was thinking, I must tell Gail, how much I love my tablerunner!

Anonymous said...

Too bad we will not all get to see it in person but glad you shared the pictures. You are becoming such a pro with the quilting. Inspiring! Linda G

Kathy said...

Aren't I lucky to actually see the quilting in person? It was eclectically beautiful everyone! Lucky Lanaya indeed.
K

Lanaya Coates said...

oh my gosh its beautiful. i was actually shocked that i found someone with the same name as me. i would have loved something like this. well done xx