Friday, April 30, 2010

Tri-Recs Table Runner

A few posts ago, I mentioned that I wanted to use my 2 year old Tri-Recs rulers for the first time. I was going to do a simple project that had Tri Recs blocks in it.

Inspired by Joanne at Threadhead's Tri-Recs Show and tell and just going by one of her pictures, I began calculating and cutting fabrics.
I finished the block components and then calculated the cuts for the side setting triangles.
Thinking that I had everything ready, and referring to Joanne's runner,
I laid out the blocks to make sure that everything was right. I realized that forgot to cut corner triangles.
And all those calculations, I ended up with one extra set of tri-recs points.
Yesterday I finished sewing the blocks together and put the borders on. I really like this runner, and I am so glad I finally learned how to use the Tri Recs. thanks Joanne.
.
Next week, I'll be machine quilting many small projects that I've been piecing over the past few weeks, including this runner.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

So beautiful!! Good for you!! ♥

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work again - you are so good at selecting fabric colors. Can't wait to see the quilting. Lucy

Donna's chitchat said...

holy... frig... sooooo cute

Karen said...

Lovely, Gail - your colour choices for this piece really show off the design.

Mary Johnson said...

Very pretty, I'm sure I have a set around here somewhere that i've never used but I think they have a GO die now to piece these so if I ever decide to make a quilt with one of these stars, I'll probably buy the die.