Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Knit a Sweater for your Teddy Bear


Over a dozen years back, long before I had a blog, and during my bear-making phase,  I designed a simple little knit sweater to fit a Teddy Bear.   I made it in 3 sizes.   I wanted to share it with other knitters, and uploaded it to a free knitting pattern website.  I forgot all about it until a lovely knitter from San Fran contacted me with a question.    I'm glad she contacted me and I remember how much I loved making those Teddy Bears.    I recall telling the story of the Three Bears to all my grandkids at one time or another... We always told the story in bed because I had three home made bears on a shelf in my bedroom and they would ask about them.  Seems so long ago now... 

Anyway, I thought I'd share my Teddy Bear Sweaters with my knitting buddies.
This sweater is short so Teddy's tummy won't be squeezed.   And the sleeves are a generous size for Teddy's pudgy arms.  You can add stripes, or maybe a simple cable like I did. 
  • For a sweater to fit a 9 or 10 inch bear, click here.
  • For a 12 inch bear sweater pattern , click here.
  • For a 15 inch bear sweater pattern, click here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail - did you really make the bear? I so love the pink sweater against the white bear. Adorable. Can't wait to have time for knitting again. Lucy

Michelle Matheson said...

I SO loved making bears with you at the cottages we went to so long ago now! I still have mine - so cute!

Tabby said...

My motto is...if you can make the bear then you can make teddy wear. Making it yourself is actually more fun,