I saw a sweet agenda cover on Pinterest. It's linen with a pieced fabric stripe and uses a light batting. I like the faint stitching lines. As I was reading the directions and realized it would fit my MTM agenda perfectly. I decided to give it a try. Well, let's call it a "prototype", because it didn't exactly come out right. I used this pattern here. But now that I know how easy it is to make, I will definitely try another.
Here's what I would change.
Fabric: I bought linen from a local home dec store. It's too course. I'll buy a piece of finer craft linen from the stitching section Michael's for my next try.
Size: The directions are for an A5 size which is 8.5 x 6". It's a standard size. Because my linen was course, I wasn't so careful on the seam allowance which made the cover just a bit tight. I cut 1/8th inch off the top and bottom of the front and back cardboard cover of my old "2011" agenda to get it to fit. Actually I like that it's snug. So, I'll make my next one 1/4" longer.
Also, If you look at the second picture, the front and back cover is slightly smaller than the calendar pages. So, I'll make the next one just a half an inch wider.
I like the project and now that I know how it goes together, I'll make my adjustments and make another... It's at most, this is less than a 1 hour project.
Maybe on the next rainy day.
Quilts, Quilts, Quilts.
1 day ago