I thought I'd show you a little project that we did at the Pfaff Club today. Pfaff Club is intended to build skills with our Pfaff sewing machines. It is usually put on by a Pfaff Dealer but we don't have one in our city. So a few of the Pfaff owners asked if I would help them out.
|The Kit included cover and lining fabric, batting|
zipper, tab fabric.
- How to prepare a zipper for a clean neat finish by enclosing the two ends. Of course, this meant cutting both ends of the zipper.
- We used our built in walking foot (IDT) to zigzag applique on the batik pieces.
- We learned to test your stitches before sewing. Not all Pfaff stitch numbers are the same.
- We engaged the IDT to sew/quilt curvy lines above the batik patches and on the back.
- We used our zipper foot to apply the front and back fabrics to the prepared zipper
- We used our quarter inch foot to sew the 1/8th inch top stitching detail at the top of the pouch, near the zipper.
- We used the quarter inch foot to sew the quarter inch seams.
- And we used the zigzag to finish off the seams inside the pouch.
|Lucy B.'s Zippered Pouch Perfect.|