Sunday, July 19, 2015

Are Mermaids Real?

"Are mermaids real Aurora? "  That's what I asked her since I had never seen one.  " Of course they are real Grammie.  I've seen one at the lake".     

The talk today was all about mermaids because we made Aurora a mermaid outfit.     She helped me by measuring and pinning.    
  

Now that's a big tail.   Aurora is helping
to put pins in both sides of the tail.
I will do the stitching.

After a couple of fittings, here she is.
Mermaid Aurora with her new tail and top.  
You know, mermaids have a unique set of problems.    This mermaid has to lift her tail to her knees, and then walk like a penguin to get anywhere.   That's why mermaids prefer to swim.   Way easier!!!    

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is precious!!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is AWESOME!! You MUST be the BEST grandma EVER!!!

Kathy said...

Wow Gail, adorable!
You just happened to have the fabric and pattern available? And if no pattern, how did you get the top to fit so perfectly? Just Awesome!!
BEST GRAMMIE EVER!!😀😇🇨🇦

Linda H said...

She's the cutest mermaid I've seen in a long while. Now there'll be reports of mermaid sightings at Grand Lake in the paper....

Anonymous said...

such a talented Grandma It was a fun time for both of you I am certain Judy






MissesStitches said...

What pattern did you use? It's beautiful!!