Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Lollipop Quilt - Week 5

I have the three middle panels all machine quilted and they are hanging over my upstairs railing until I'm ready to sew the panels together.  It's so good to be able to move on to the borders.  They are really different than the center panels and I just love that each of the two border panels features a pair of cats. 
I'm not quite ready to layer and pin baste yet, but I'm going to continue to put the push on to get it done in the next 10 days.   I have two quilt guild Christmas meetings to go to, and I really would like to bring this Lollipop quilt for show and tell.


7 comments:

Linda H said...

Ooooh, LOVE the kitties!! This is such a cute quilt Gail! She will love it!!

Anonymous said...

I so agree with Linda's comments. I just love those kitties!!!! What a sweet design. Your machine quilting is gorgeous. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. Lucy

Donna's chitchat said...

Yeahhhha, it is so sweet... I love those kitties... love them love them. They look so happy.... the next two need a mischievous look on their faces.. I've never seen a cat without a little bit of trouble makin' in their eyes..

Karen said...

That border is just sweet. I love the green check for the grass. What a happy quilt.

Calicojoan said...

Just when you think it can't get any better. The kitties are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your work is absolutely wonderful, Gail! Your fabric choices are delightful.

You inspire me...I may just try that pattern after Christmas...I guess I had better start collecting some fabric!!

Karen G.

MissesStitches said...

Incredibly cute, Gail! I love it!!!