Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Daytripper Totebag

I've been picking away at this tote bag project in the past week.  I hadn't made this pattern before but I took a deep breath and decided to use some of my precious batiks for this project. 

Normally I would make a prototype and use stash fabrics that I would be ok with losing, if I didn't like how the bag turned out.  But no problem here...  I love howthis daytripper bag turned out.  The scooped full size pocket on the front is what caught my eye and it's a really good size.   

The pattern comes from "The Quilt Magazine's" April 2010 issue.   

I think this is going to be my new favorite tote bag bag pattern.  Do you have a favorite tote bag pattern?

5 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

The bag is awesome, and the fabrics are just the right combination of batiks... I love it.

Joanne said...

Such a beautiful bag!

PaintedThread said...

So very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Not only is the design very unique, but the batiks are so gorgeous. Beautiful work Gail. I can see why it is your new favorite bag. Lucy

Quilt n Queen said...

That is one fabulous 'Daytripper' Bag...your fabric choice, simply awesome. Luv making bags....and aprons, posted 3 bags on my blog on Monday and 2 aprons...Now I'm thinking Christmas projects. Have a great day!!