My poor hubby has been sick. Not much sewing going on over the past couple of weeks. But he's on the mend now, and I've been spending a bit of time digging out fabric that I had put away for a specific projects. Some of the fabrics, I have totally forgotten what my intention was, so they got put back in my general stash.
I found a little stack of green fabrics and after thinking for 5 minutes... I had recalled that I had saved these to do a small apple core project. I've had my Sizzix apple core die for some time, just waiting for the right project and right time. This die cuts little notches for matching the curved seams and it's going to be so helpful when pinning and sewing these cores.
I cut out some paper templates with the die to see how to get the most cores out of the green fabric. Out of each of my 5 pieces of green fabric, I will get 16 apple cores. So with 80 cores, I'll be able to make two small table runner projects.
I've laid out the first runner in an organized fashion. I'll do something different with the second.
Today I sew.
Quilts, Quilts, Quilts.
1 day ago