With my KLM blocks way behind me now, I started working on my carrot project last Thursday. The project is a wallet. After looking in several stores for a particular style of wallet, I bought one. It had no coin keeper and I thought I could make it work. It wasn't long before I knew it wouldn't work and was on the hunt again. I was sick of looking in stores. I came across this wallet pattern a couple of weeks ago. I reviewed the pattern details very closely to make sure it would do and eventually bought it.
Necessary Clutch besides the functionality, was the nice clasp/closure and the sturdy framing detail around the front flap. So subtle and professional looking.
I was a little intimidated to install the twist lock closure, but it was one of the first things that you had to do on this pattern. And once that was behind me, it was clear sailing. Notice I didn't say smooth. I made 4 or 5 errors along the way, but that's because I was excited to get on to it and didn't read the directions carefully. I'll know better next time.
Anyway, this wallet has room for 12 of my most used cards, a slot for bills or papers or coupons, a zippered section for coins etc. Most importantly it has room to carry my cell phone and my car keys. I only have a little bit of the blue batik fabric left and I'm going to try to piece enough together to make a wristlet strap that will clip on to one of the tabs under the flap.
Now I'm happy with my wallet I think. I'll report back in a week or so. Next time you see me, ask to see my wallet.
Quilts, Quilts, Quilts.
1 day ago