Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Veterans Quillt Blocks - 10 done.

I'm doing 10 blocks a week on my quilt for the veterans quilt.  Easy to do this week with the rain et all.  I have next weeks 10 blocks cut and ready to sew.    It might get harder as the summer gets closer.  The nice weather is so inviting, and besides, my sewing room is too warm to do too much machine work.

I made myself a sleeve pressing board this week.  My husband shopped the Home Depot for just the right piece of wood.  He pointed one end slightly and rounded over all the edges.  I covered with batting and cotton.   I've used every day since I've made it.  Just for small awkward things like inside bags, etc.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gail, you are absolutely wonderful to make a quilt for my Veterans project! I love your blues, and so will they. You are a Star!! Jeanne kaye

Linda H said...

Good for you Gail!! You've got a good start...