Thursday, June 27, 2013

Working on a Canada Day Quilt

There's only a few days to go before Canada Day.  I've been wanting to make a Canada Day quilt for a few years.  

I'm not usually a last minute person, but last Thursday, I decided at  that I would make a Canada Day quilt.  With a little over a week to work at it, I'm dedicating a little time each day.    It's not a big quilt, and there's only 10 blocks.   It's no surprise that a Canada day quilt will have red and white in it, but I think you will be surprised at what the whole quilt looks like.  I'm hoping to have it machine quilted soon, but we'll see.   I'll show you at least the top on Canada Day, July 1st.




4 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Can;t wait to see this....sounds wonderful

PaintedThread said...

What a tease! I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing!

Karen said...

Can't wait to see it - you are using a lot of shades!

MissesStitches said...

I can't wait to see this one! I love Canada's flag, with its beautiful maple leaf and the red/white.