Monday, July 7, 2014

No power, let's craft!

I was in a sweet knitting store called Cricket Cove in Blacks Harbour the other day.  We were on our way home from visiting the Grand Manan Quilt Show.  Being in the store reminded me that I was supposed to make my daughter and her knitter friends some stitch markers.  She is taking knitting classes and is throwing around words like yarn overs and stitch markers.  It makes me smile, but really she has no idea what to do with stitch markers...  teehee.  

Anyway, since Albert, or Alfred, or what ever that hurricane was called, has left us without power, I'm trying to think of all the non sewing things that I have on my mental to-do list.   This morning, it's stitch markers.  It took me half an hour to find all the crafty supplies in my stash that I needed to make them.    Then after a little outdoor walk to inspect another section of trail, I sat near a bright window and made these 40 stitch markers.    It helped me whittle away an hour...

Now, this afternoon, I might knit 10 rows on my Christmas in July project.

1 comment:

Churn Dash said...

We were lucky - Arthur caused a power glitch during the night but it came straight back on.

Those stitch markers look great. I'm knitting a scarf for one of my sons, no need for markers.

It's good to have some back up projects for when extraordinary events happen.

Helen