Thursday, August 27, 2015

Lady Ashburnham Pickles

The past week has been busy with making pickles.   Today I made these Lady Ashburnham pickles from Linda H.'s blog.  I've really enjoyed recipe for a couple of years now.  

Linda tells a great story behind this local pickle.  I really love that they are not so sweet.  

When going to the market to get the produce, the vendors usually ask, "What are you making.. Lady Ashburns?"   They can tell because I'm only buying big cukes and onions.   So many people shorten the name.  Over time, I bet most will not know the real name.  

2 comments:

Andrea R said...

These are the only pickles I make! Love them but I'm also the only one who eats them in the house.

Diane B. said...

This is about the only pickles I don't make...How about trading a bottle for four fatt quarters? Diane