Monday, August 3, 2015

Testing the Prairie Flower Block

I've got the St. Dunstan's Quilters next raffle quilt on my mind. For the main part of the quilt, I've drafted up the prairie flower block in a 10.5" size, and will do snowball blocks as the alternate blocks.  This will create an odd number of blocks across so that there are flowers in each corner of the queen size quilt.    It will look like an on-point design, but it's not.   These are my practice blocks.   I'm glad I made a test because the points on the red flower blocks are not quite right. I'll have to add an eighth of an inch to the white corner blocks that make the point.  
I'll do another small test to make sure my points are right, then I'm ready to cut myself a kit.   I normally do the St. Dunstan's block during the month of November.  But since we are heading south earlier than normal this year, I might just start a bit early.   My goal will be to have it done by the end of October.  I think it's going to be beautiful.  


Vicki W said...

You are right, it will be beautiful!

Linda H said...

Lovely Gail!