Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Stitching a Tea Cozy

I was cleaning off the cluttered end of my ironing board the other day and came across this tea cozy that I had marked with a grid.   Heavens knows how long it's been there.   Since before Christmas I'm sure.   Red... Tea Cozy. 

I expect I had intended it to use around Christmas time.   The two sides were marked and sandwiched and all I had to do was decide what grid pattern to stitch.   This is the first side.   It took about 10 - 15 minutes to stitch. 

This week, I'll do the second side which is marked different than this side and sew the cozy together.   Maybe I'll call this my Christmas in July August project.   


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a new quilter, and discovered "Quilt As You Go".
But I can't find any good tutorials on it.
Do you have anything on QAYG, that isn't the long strips?
I want to make a quilt, with this method using squares,
without using any sashing. Do you have anything like this?

Thanking you in advance for your time.

Susan