Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Quilt for an Hour and shopping for Fabric

This Friday, I'm going shopping with 2 of my great quilt buddies, Lois and Valerie. At the Bathurst Gathering of the guilds in Bathurst last month, Valerie won the Grand Prize which is a gift certficiate for edge to edge quilting on a bed quilt. Valerie was so pleased, she cried. On the drive home from the gathering, the three of us were discussing what quilt she would make. We all had our opinions. Since Valerie doesn't usually make bedquilts and Valerie has a hard time with cutting, Lois and I offered to help make this big quilt. So this Friday, we're going shopping for fabric. We've all been looking at patterns all week and I think she's settled on a pattern that she saw at the Gathering. So that should be fun.

This week, I signed up for a Quilt for an Hour project on Judy Laquidara website. It starts on May 19th. I'm not sure of the format, but it really sounds like a fun way to do a quilt. And this quilt is sweet, don't you think. I wonder if I should make 1 or 2. If I make 2, I can have them quilted for 2 special little girls who share a room. They will look like twins if they have the same quilts on their beds. What do you think? I'll see what I come up with for fabric on Friday and make a decision then.

No comments: