Friday, August 27, 2010

The Goose is Loose!

It's taken me a bit of time to pull together fabrics to start my Flying Home quilt. I had a hard to time to find blue for the background of the quilt. After looking in a few stores for the very palest blue fabric and not being able to find it, I decided to dye it myself. It is very pale, just the way I wanted it.
.
So my strategy is to do all the cutting of the fabrics, (ie: make a kit).
.
With that done, the next step is to piece the 8 geese blocks. I have the piecing of the sub-blocks (with diagonal seams) done and this is what the components look like before my final piecing of the blocks begin.
.
My plan is to complete the eight goose blocks by the end of the weekend.

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a great block.

Donna's chitchat said...

whew... what a lot of work. Its so cool to see it put together. I was there when you picked out the fabrics!!! yeah!

Karen said...

I love that pattern; can hardly wait to see how you quilt it. Have you thought that far ahead yet?

me ann my camera said...

Being a blogger who focuses on nature photography I am in love with your geese quilt block. I also sew sometimes and I would love to access the geese pattern which you have used.How can I find a copy of it? I live near Fredericton also, can I buy it somewhere locally? 34 degrees predicted today!!!!!
Ann
Ann