Monday, November 25, 2013

Crafty Auction items

I'm going to try to make a few crafty things this week for our guilds and silent auction in two weeks.  

The first thing I made were two sets of these little criss-cross coasters.   These are always a favorite to make.  So slick.   My grand-kids like to make these because they are so easy, but look so complicated.   Have you ever made these?  The tutorial is here if you want to give them a try.  I don't use the fusible layer that this tutorial calls for. I find the 5 layers of fabric plenty of padding.    In our house, we also use these coasters to fling across the living room, frizbee style.  If they land on the chair in the corner of the room, you're a hero.  

Next, I made four infinity scarves that go around your neck twice.  So cozy for this time of year.   Because I had white thread in the sewing machine, I made these four that are light colored.    Tomorrow, I'll make dark ones.   I haven't decided which ones to bring to the auction, but I'll bring four.

No comments: