Friday, November 29, 2013

St. Dunstan's 2014 Raffle Quilt - Week 3 of 5

Early in the week I found some unexpected sewing time.  Thank goodness because, it was those couple of hours that helped me achieve my goal this week.  

I did get part of my stretch goal done by cutting the 80 plain alternate blocks.   I tea dyed some plain white fabric because the quilters do not like quilting on white unless it's a blue quilt.   So their off-white blocks are all cut.    I haven't decided what color the side setting triangles will be, so they are not cut.   But when I do decide, they won't take long.  

So what's my plan for this week.... to decide the color of the side triangles and the binding;  to cut them out;  to make the 350" of bias binding.   And I will lay out the blocks on the bed ready to sew.  

That's a pretty light week, but I think this is going to be a busy week.   I'll say my stretch target will to have half the quilt sewn together.  

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Why do they not like to quilt on white? Can't wait to see the finished project!