My church quilt is coming along nicely. I didn't set too big of a goal for this week because I knew I was busy. And I did accomplish what I set out to do. I used our spare bed to lay out the blocks in the right order. The side triangles were cut and placed in the layout. The binding is done and ready to go.
I did get a start on sewing the blocks together. The other half of the blocks are stacked in the correct sewing order, and I'll start sewing on them tomorrow. When I look at my stack, I always thank my lucky stars for Eleanor Burns technique of laying out quilt blocks and her stacking and sewing method. I learned it from one of her early Quilt in a day books. It's such a time saver.
This is another busy week coming up, but I'm positive that I'll have the remaining blocks sewn into rows and pressed to the dark side. This will be followed by pinning the rows together, sewing and then a final press. The last thing I need to sew will be to design and stitch a label. I'm hoping to have it done for Thursday, but if not, it'll be done for the following Thursday which was my goal a month ago when I started this project.
Come back next Friday, when I'll show you what this classic nine patch looks like all sewn together.