Friday, January 30, 2009

Does your cat have matts?


For my sewing and quilting friends. Do you obsess about throwing bits of fabric away? Up until recently, one thing I was very comfortable with throwing away was the selvages. Because what could you possibly do with them? Not any more. One day recently, I happened upon Karen Griska's Selvage Blog. I couldn't believe my eyes, I was so surprised at the neat little projects that I saw on this blog. She even a book called Quilts from the Selvage Edge. I'd love to look at the book sometime I'm at Chapters.

Here is my first little 15" x 15" Selvage project. I was not sure what I would call it, but now, I think I'll call it my Cat Matt!!! I made this up in a couple of hours, just to get the technique down. This was a fun quick project.

4 comments:

Selvage Quilter said...

Hi Gail,
What a beautiful little "Cat Matt!" I'd like to put it on the Selvage Blog on Feb. 9. I love the photo with the kitten! I'm glad I found your blog. Thank you for your mention of my book and blog.
Karen Griska

Elena said...

Hi, Gail! Love your Cat Matt!! Your cat acts like mine do, sitting on every quilted item they can find, like I made it just for them!! Love your selvage work and I'm SO glad you are not throwing them away anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious....Everyone loves your new little kitty cat mom!!! HAHAH

Patience

lov said...

how cool is that!!!

my MIL saves her selvage and all her scraps for me to take to my class....but i think that if she saw this....she may change her mind! :)

did you ever get a chance to start working on a button?!?!

if you need my help, let me know!