Monday, January 5, 2009

Nines and Vines - double nine patch blocks done

Not much going on in our household this week. It's going to be a relatively quiet week. A good week to sew. I know I wasn't going to update until next Friday, but it's quiet and there's not too much that I can blog about.

I've tried to avoid going to Fabricville over the holidays. I was very adamant that I'm only working on my nines and vines and I'll not be distracted until that's done. But I have a good angel on my shoulder saying, "stay with it... you can do it, you're half way there"... then there is the bad angel that says, "ahh, head up to Fabricville...nines and vines will wait..you're half way there anyway so no problem.."

So guess who won. I've been to Fabricville twice in the last two days. And guess where I'm headed this morning... yes, Fabricville. They have their preview sale on and many items are buy 1 meter and get one free. The good news is that most of my purchases are for my sister who is preparing for her daughter's wedding. She doesn't have a Fabricville near her so, I get the joy of spending her money...

I do have good news.... all 56 of my double nine patch blocks are done. This afternoon, I start sewing them together..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!! You're really cookin' with gas!! I've been trying to avoid Fabricville too, but I think I can hear it beckoning me...for CQ fabrics...