Thursday, January 22, 2009

Packing up and Heading South

South to Nova Scotia that is. On Friday Mert and I will travel to Moncton to visit with Carrie and Kenny and Jessica and Emily for a bit then head on to Greenwood, NS for a visit with my sister Donna and her hubby Terry. Today I finished up some little embroidery projects I had in the works and with that all done, I've started packing. While at my sister's house, we will be hanging out for a bit and probably sew some fun projects. I can't believe how much thread I have. I love having all these colors. When you do embroidery, if you don't have the right shade of teddy bear brown, it's no fun, so to be save, it all travels with me.



Also, after doing my little show and tell road show with the Nines and Vines quilt, I delivered it along with the prepared binding, and a label to Rose today. She was thrilled with the quilt. She paid me the nicest compliment. She said the quilts get nicer and nicer every year and what are we possibly going next year to top this one. I think it's true, but when I look back at the pictures, in fact, all the raffle quilts are all really nice.

Also I was surprised today when I noticed a short comment in my "Done is Good" blog from last week. It's from Kathie, who is the creator of the Nines and Vines quilt for McCall's Quilting, and she was pleased that mine turned out so good. I'm always amazed at the connectivity the Internet gives us.


2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

I am getting excited for your visit... I hope Mert will stay for like two days this time! I have cabbage Rolls all ready for Saturdays' supper! We will eat them right away, in case you don't stay!

lov said...

hey!
thanks for stopping by!
yay for buttons....and making fun things....
i would love to help you learn to make a button .... or headers....or whatever you would like for your blog (or others!)

i use a free digital scrapbooking site called scrapblog.com
it is really easy to use, and very fun!
they have all different kinds of backgrounds, stickers, fonts, frames, etc. you can upload your own pictures too.
you can actually publish the scrapblogs you make...to post onto your blog...or where ever...
or you can save each page as a picture to your computer.

to make the headers/buttons i simply save them to my computer. for the buttons...i save them, then upload them to photobucket and make them a small size (usually about 150 x 150)
then i take the direct link and add it into an html code....

if you would like my help at making some....
or have any more questions....
or want the html code....
send me an email (you can click email through my profile page)

:)