Friday, January 13, 2012

Stitching in the Snow

Our first big snowstorm of the season has started yesterday afternoon.  A snow day is a great day to get lots of sewing work done. 

One of the things I did was to lay out the log cabin blocks for St. Dunstan's quilt on the living room floor.  It's going to be a large queen size. 10 blocks across by 12 down which will make this about 85" x 100".  I like the layout..

 Every time I walk by, I move around a couple of blocks... It is supposed to be random... and it is... but every once in a while, I will see two blocks that are butting up against each other, that have the same color... Don't want that, now do we....  This could go on for days.  But I'm only giving myself until suppertime on Friday.  Then it gets all picked up in order, and on Saturday morning, I start to sew it all together... 

Looks like I'll make my personal deadline and will be showing this at guild this coming week!!  Yippee...

Then it goes to the St. Dunstan's Quilters for marking and hand quilting.

4 comments:

PaintedThread said...

It's looking great! I can't wait to see it sewn together.

Kathy said...

Will you add any borders Gail? It is lovely! Gentle "sherbet-y" colours!

Linda said...

It's gorgeous Gail!

Vivian said...

As a textiles teacher, we used to make quilt blocks for a raffle quilt. The blocks would lay on the table for a week and students would 'play with them'. At the end of the week, we would number them and start the process of sewing them together.