Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bees and Fireflies

This week I got these cute little embroidery designs to make sweet face and body details on toys. They are about 7 inches tall by about 4 or 5 inches wide...I made a prototype earlier this week and baby Aurora test drove it for us today. She loves playing with the ribbon wings and loves to chew on the rattail antenae and stinger. I had the yellow furry fabric and the black rattail already. Patience bought some funky ribbons at Michaels in Saint John. So, today after Aurora test drove the prototype, we made these baby bugs. Aren't they cute! On Monday, we'll buy some white fabric and make the ladybug. She'll have red spots with red and black wings and antenae. I'm sure she'll be sweet.
I'm going to make one of each and send them to my Aunt Mae who is always looking for inexpensive ideas/crafts to make for their Christmas bazzar.

2 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

They are adorable. I can't wait to see the lady bug!

Anonymous said...

They are cute! Great bazaar items, and in Minky (that's what it looks like in the photo) a wonderful cuddly!