Saturday, December 1, 2012

Blackfords's Beauty - Week 1 of 5

I have a hard time to figure out where the time goes.  It seems like just a couple of months ago, that I was making St. Dunstan's Log Cabin quilt.... but in fact a whole year has gone by.   I revealed the quilter's pick for their next raffle quilt a few weeks ago.  It's Blackford's Beauty.    I will be using Bonnie Hunter's pattern.  Only our colors will be slightly more traditional. The quilters want to do some lovely hand quilted wreaths in every other block like the one I showed last month.

I have the fabric and it's washed ready for ironing and then cutting.    This will be my big project for December.  I'll report on it on each of the 5 Saturday's in December.  I will deliver it to the quilters right after the New Year.

So this week.  I will be preparing the fabric, figuring out the quilt math, and completing the sixty 9-patches that I will need for the 15 pieced blocks.    Doesn't sound to bad...I'm sure I can get that done.

1 comment:

Dolores said...

It's a beautiful quilt to replicate. I'm sure it will be a joy to hand quilt once it's all put together.